Aptly named Savoring Luxurious Senses, the celebration will treat guests to a variety of sensory experiences across the property. Those include art installations to visually stimulate the sense of sight, exclusive signature scents, nostalgic playlists celebrating the sense of hearing, and many more Sexy Little Surprises to be announced.
Beginning with the sense of Taste, Chef Yoshi Migita of Katsuya and Chef Tito Vargas of the Bazaar by José Andrés have created specially curated tasting menus. Launched June 26, both menus will run through the end of July.
Katsuya’s Five-Year Tasting Menu includes:
- Crispy Rice Tuna Grilled sushi rice, topped with spicy tuna and jalapeño
- Baked Crab Hand Roll Baked snow crab, vhef's dynamite sauce wrapped with rice in soy paper
- Tuna Carpaccio Garlic, chive, yuzu soy, seared with hot sesame oil
- Katsuya Roll Tuna, yellowtail, salmon, scallop, crab and avocado wrapped with cucumber
- Corn Robata Seasonal corn charred on the robata grill
- Ponzu Salmon Japanese blackened spice, moromo misi eggplant
- Large carafe of Katsuya sake
Katsuya's tasting menu is $110 per couple
The Bazaar;s Five-Year Tasting Menu includes:
- Kueh Pai Ti Singapore’s favorite street food - shrimp, peanuts, chili sauce
- Dragon Fruit Ceviche Tuna, pecans, lemon, hibiscus
- Croquetas de Pollo Chicken béchamel fritters
- Bao con lechón Chinese bun, pork belly
- ‘Cubano’ In Honor of Café Versailles
- Not Your Everyday Caprese Cherry tomatoes, liquid mozzarella
- Cuban Coffee-Rubbed Churrasco Served with passion fruit coulis
- Brussels Sprouts Lemon purée, apricots, grapes, lemon air, banana
- Key Lime Pie José’s way
The Bazaar's tasting menu is $75 per person
The menus are part of an exclusive Five-Year Anniversary Room Package which includes a tasting menu for two at either Katsuya or The Bazaar, a complimentary room upgrade at arrival (pending availability), late check out, unlimited usage of URB-E electric folding bicycles, and welcome cocktails at Hyde or Bar Centro.
Packages are bookable through December 31, though blackout dates apply.
At most, a tasting menu for two will cost $150 per couple, and Katsuya's even includes some alcohol. Any time you can get such a gourmet offering for such a reasonable price, go for it!
About SLS Hotels
SLS Hotels has created a new paradigm in the luxury hotel experience that speaks to a global, sophisticated audience. Taking service and luxury standards from traditional 5-star hotels and injecting elements of creativity and community, SLS delivers a guest experience that seamlessly delivers service, style and fun.
Called “A sophisticated indulge in a sophisticated and playful feast for the senses,” SLS Hotels were created by internationally acclaimed designer Philippe Starck, James Beard award-winning chef José Andrés, pop icon Lenny Kravitz, and sbe founder & CEO Sam Nazarian.
SLS South Beach is located at 1701 Collins Avenue, just steps from the area's famed Art Deco district. Other SLS Hotels are currently open in Beverly Hills, Brickell and Las Vegas and will be opening soon in New York City, The Bahamas, Seattle, and Philadelphia.
Visit my main page at TheTravelPro.us for more news, reviews, and personal observations on the world of upmarket travel.
Photos provided by SLS South Beach
Click on photos to view larger images