post about airline club membership post-merger were confirmed by a Dec. 9 e-mail United Airlines sent to customers who have recently flown on soon-to-be ex-partner US Airways.
The e-mail read:
Because you have recently purchased a ticket on US Airways®, or have flown them in the past, we wanted to give you an update on our partnership with them. US Airways has announced that they have legally combined with American Airlines® and that they plan to join oneworld® on March 31, 2014, which means they will leave the Star AllianceTM network.
Our partnership with US Airways will end on March 30, 2014. What this means for you:
- All current tickets for travel on US Airways will be honored.
- You can continue to book award travel on US Airways using MileagePlus® miles through March 30, 2014, for travel anytime within the published schedule, even beyond March 30, 2014.
- You can earn MileagePlus award miles on US Airways flights through March 30, 2014. For as long as you earn award miles you will also earn Premier® qualifying miles and Premier qualifying segments. And, on eligible US Airways flights between January 1 and March 30, 2014, you can earn Premier qualifying dollars.
- Star Alliance status benefits on US Airways will apply through March 30, 2014.
- If you have a United ClubSM membership, or if you are traveling on a United international premium cabin ticket, you can access the US Airways Club through March 30, 2014.
Stay tuned to TheTravelPro; more changes are bound to come!
Visit my main page at TheTravelPro.us for more news, reviews, and personal observations on the world of upmarket travel.