- The trunk of a Camry can hold a lot more than you'd think.
- Sleeping so late that you miss the hotel's included breakfast is probably a fair trade.
- A binder clip (or a clothes pin if you're old-school) does a wonderful job of keeping the curtains closed and the sun out (see point above).
- It usually takes both packets of in-room coffee to make anything that even approaches drinkable brew.
- A nail clipper is a great way to put a notch in the coffee packet so it can be easily opened.
- A cotton ball stuffed into the water intake can often stop hotel irons from spitting.
- Canadians may be polite, but drivers in Vancouver are among the rudest I've ever encountered (NYC and LA included!)
- Laundries that offer "fluff 'n' fold" service are a lifesaver!
Visit my main page at TheTravelPro.us for more news, reviews, and personal observations on the world of upmarket travel.